A fish aquarium and up to two birds are permitted with no additional cost to the resident(s). Aquariums must not leak and must be cleaned regularly to prevent foul water and/or odors. Birds must be properly caged. Seeds and droppings must be shielded to prevent accumulation and/or damage to carpeting or floors. In addition, one cat or one dog is permitted when the required deposit/fees have been paid, and the rules/regulations outlined in this document have been followed. No other pets are permitted without first obtaining management approval.
- PET SECURITY DEPOSIT (adult dog or cat): $200.00 (non-refundable)
- MONTHLY PET RENT: $ 20.00
- ABSOLUTELY NO PUPPIES PERMITTED
- RESTRICTED BREEDS: Doberman, Pit-Bull, Rottweiler
Pet owners must abide by all Bloomington laws and regulations for pets, including leash laws. Monroe County animal law requires all pets be on a leash when outside. If your pet is found without a leash, you will be fined a $30.00 fee.
- No pet may be left outside unattended leashed or otherwise. All pets must wear identification tags and collars when outside of the dwelling.
- A barking dog can be an annoyance to the other residents. Dog owners agree to be responsible for solving any complaints from other residents/neighbors related to this nuisance by their pet.
- A pooper-scooper or bag is required while your pet is outside. Failure to clean up after your pet will result in a $30.00 fine. Repeat offenses will result in the revocation of your pet lease.
- Pet owners also agree to have a professional flea treatment performed at the end of the lease. The treatment must be administered no earlier than one week prior to move-out, and proof of treatment (receipt) must be supplied to management at the move-out inspection.
- Cleanliness of the pet and pet’s shelter is essential;the area must be kept free of odors, insect infestation, waste and litter.
- If carpet stains or odor are found as a result of pet urine or excrement, the carpet is subject to steam cleaning, repair or replacement at the pet owner’s expense.
- “Pet sitting” of someone else’s pet is strictly prohibited. Violators will be fined $30.00. Furthermore, resident’s guests who have pets are NOT permitted to bring those pets into the dwelling. Again, violators will be fined $30.00.
In order to be fair to those residents who register their pets, residents who are found to have a pet without having first signed a pet agreement and paid the required pet deposit and fees will be charged the $25.00 per month fee from the first day of their lease regardless of the date the pet was acquired. In cases where an unregistered pet is discovered that do not meet our pet guidelines, the pet will need to be removed from the premises within seven (7) days of discovery.
Resident(s) acknowledge(s) and agrees that management may revoke this consent if any or all of the guidelines of the pet policy are not met. Any and all damages to the house caused by the presence of the pet will be the responsibility of the resident(s).
The resident(s) further agree(s) to indemnify and hold harmless Mackie Properties, LLC for any personal injury or illness resulting from the actions or presence of the resident’s pet to any other residents or guests.
IMPORTANT: All renters with pets should purchase renter’s insurance with an attached pet liability clause.